Kratom interacts with the same receptors in the brain as opioids but is not an opiate. Often users chew raw kratom leaves in the US, as it is banned in 6 states. In Southeast Asia, veins of fresh leaves were removed and chewed. Even dry leaves can be chewed but people prefer either a powder or capsule form that can be swallowed. In the US, kratom is enjoyed in tea form because of its increased euphoric effects. For sedative effect take kratom’s powdered version.
On the JustKratom website, you can buy kratom pills, if you are sensitive to bitter taste in powder form. Taking pills also helps to keep track of the dosage level you consume. There are other ways to take it like tinctures, resins, and extracts. These versions are for advanced users as they are more concentrated and potent.
Kratom belongs to the coffee family. It is popular for its pain-relieving and energizing effects. You can choose green, red, and white leaves.
- Red strains reveal painkilling and sedative properties.
- A white strain has energizing properties.
- Green strains reveal energizing, sedative, and pain killing properties.
It has two active compounds – 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine that interact on the opioid receptors gently. For centuries, the Asian population used kratom as a home remedy to treat pain, muscle cramps, fatigue, and diarrhea. Besides, there is scientific research that supports the claims of this traditional medicinal herb but there is a need for more research.
How beneficial is kratom?
- Active compound 7-hydroxymitragynine is 13X potent than morphine. It attaches to the opioid receptors just like codeine and morphine yet is regarded as an abnormal opioid. It selectively inactivates particular signals that explain its tolerable side effects in comparison to typical opioids.
- Kratom is a promising antidepressant herb. It lowers the increased corticosterone levels that cause depression.
- Kratom capsules suppress hunger by repressing the hypothalamus liable for cravings and appetite.
- It encourages mood-enhancing effects through mental and physical relaxation.
- It is an efficient alternative for treating opioid addiction. Research has proved that krotem reduces withdrawal symptoms associated with ethanol and morphine.
- Kratom also treats sleeping issues, which if ignored can damage your daily activities. Sound sleep and the energizing effects it offers are awesome.
- Researchers reported that kratom is an efficient libido enhancer because of its aphrodisiac effects.
Common side effects
- Dry mouth
- Liver damage
People choose the kratom herb because it is cheap and does not get diagnosed in a drug test. It is also an inexpensive way to handle chronic pain and avoid notorious prescribed painkillers.
Prolonged use of kratom can reveal withdrawal symptoms like hostility, inability to work, aggression, jerky limb movements, and muscle pain.
Kratom dosage level depends on factors like age, source, medical condition, etc. Even if research and clinical trials are suggesting the potential of kratom, there is a need for an intense study to determine long and short-term dosage changes. Kratom is potent, so consult your physician before adding it to your regime. It is sensible to start low which is around 1 to 5 grams and increase slowly.